Monday, January 16, 2012

About this blog

I love music. Working in a library with a terrific audiovisual collection allows me to become acquainted with more of the stuff than I could ever purchase for myself, and doing listener advisory is one of my favorite job responsibilities. I play music, too, but that's another story. I prefer the famous description of music offered by Duke Ellington. It goes something like, "there's two kinds of music: good and bad."


Duke, I'm right there with you.

So if you ask me what type of music I like, that's what I'm likely to tell you. I started this blog to talk about all things musical -- composers, albums, songs, styles, stores, you name it. If it's musical and I've been thinking about it or listening to it, I'll try to post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment